The Marxist Section has two public email lists.
discussion [at] marxistsociology.org. This list is open to all who are interested in Marxist sociology — including people who are not members of the ASA or the Marxist Section. It may have higher-traffic. All Section members are automatically subscribed. To sign up to this list, click here.
announcements [at] marxistsociology.org. This is a moderated list managed by council members and is used solely for sending out announcements (i.e., one-way). The list includes both current and past Marxist Section members. Replies automatically go to the discussion list (below), where you can get more information about an announcement. It has been designed as a low-traffic list. To sign up to this list, click here.
To send a message to all of the people currently subscribed to a given list, send an email to the appropriate list (i.e. announcements [at] marxistsociology.org or discussion [at] marxistsociology.org). To avoid duplicate messages and moderation delays, please send emails only to the list address (i.e. remove any emails other than the list emails from the TO and CC fields).
How to change your listserv preferences or access the archive
Click on one of the links below and then follow the directions listed below the links on this page.
Discussion list: http://lists.marxistsociology.org/listinfo.cgi/discussion-marxistsociology.org
Announcements list: http://lists.marxistsociology.org/listinfo.cgi/announcements-marxistsociology.org
To access your listserv preferences
- In the last section, titled “[ListName] Subscribers“, enter your email where it says “To unsubscribe from discussion, get a password reminder, or to change your subscription options enter your subscription email address:”
- On the next page, in the “Password reminder” section, click the “Remind” button.
- Find the email that was sent to you and copy the enclosed password.
- Return to the same page, go to the “[ListName] list: member options for user [YourEmail]” section, paste in your password and click the “Log in” button.
Once you’ve logged in you can change a range of options—change your email, set your mail to digest mode, set to send only, unsubscribe, etc. For example, when you change the “mode” to “digest” this instructs the LISTSERV to collate all posts for the day (or week or month—you choose) into one email as opposed to individual emails as they are sent.
To change your listserv email address
- Once you’ve logged in, enter your new email address twice in the “Changing your [ListName] membership information” section.
- Optional: Check the “Change globally” box if you would like your email address updated for all section listserv lists simultaneously.
- Click the “Change My Address and Name” button.
To access the archives
- Click the link for the given list name above.
- In the “About [ListName]” section of the list information page, click the “[ListName] Archives” link.
- You will be prompted for your email address and password.
- If you have not already created a password, follow the steps above in “1. How to access your listserv preferences”. Once you have copied your password, repeat the steps above.
If you have any questions about the Marxist Sociology Listserv or website, please use this form.