The Marxist Sociology Blog is a production of the Marxist Sociology Section of the American Sociological Association. It publishes short articles of theory, research and commentary from Marxists of all theoretical schools and academic disciplines. We conceive of marxist sociology in the broadest sense, spanning modern disciplines and covering economy, politics, culture, history.
The blog also hosts resources for ASA Marxist Section members, including news & announcements, lists of journals that publish Marxist scholarship, resources for education and pedagogy, and links to related websites.
Blog articles are primarily commissioned, but submissions (in the form of a proposed title and topic – one paragraph maximum) may be sent to the Blog editor-in-chief, Michael McCarthy (firstname.lastname@example.org) Items may include:
- News analysis or commentary
- Research findings (summaries of the author’s own published research)
- Book reviews
Members may send News & Announcements to email@example.com. Items may include:
- Reports from the ASA conference
- Calls for Papers
- New publication announcements
- New films, AV materials, exhibits
- New data sources
- New teaching materials
- Upcoming conferences and events
- Updates on activism and local struggles
- Other Announcements and Useful in formation